This is our high school student leadership ministry. We believe that our youth ministry will have the most influence for Jesus on our commuinity if we have youth ministering to youth. Our ministry is based on relationships and teamwork. We want to turn spectators to participants. And so student invovlement with S.A.L.T. is crucial in our ministry.
We take our name from Matthew 5:13-16: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
S.A.L.T.’s mission statment is: “We strive to serve, lead, and edify youth so that we might be the SALT and LIGHT to the world!”
We have four teams in which a youth can join (please see bottom of page if you are interested in joining one or more of them):
This team oversees all worship and special music for all of our events, youth nights, and other activities. Whose goal is to inspire people to worship God with the use of song, scripture reading, using the arts.
Oversees the writing, taping, and performing of dramas and videos for the purpose of sermon illustrations and announcements.
Supports the overall youth ministry with set-up/clean-up, running the Snack Shack, sound system, and computer.
Implements the hospitality and greeting ministry, making all youth feel welcome and accepted and running the follow-up ministry.
Selected Leaders of all 4 SALT teams forms the Purpose Team:
Consists of all leaders of the SALT teams and works directly with the youth pastor & other adult sponsors in generating themes, planning special events, providing teaching and service projects, and praying for the overall ministry.
Qualifications for Purpose Team Only (plus application completion):
* Be a born-again, active believer of Jesus Christ.
* Must be currently in a Cluster (our small group ministry).
* Must have served on one of the other SALT teams for at least 60 days.
Expectations to be on any SALT team:
* Be An Example: When you are a leader you are watched.
* Be 100% Committed: You need to be dependable in order to be on this team.
* Be Willing to Step Up: To be a life long learner & doer of God’s Word.
* Regularly Attend TTT Ministries & Events: For spiritual and social growth within the ministry.
Process for Joining SALT:
1. Pray about joining.
2. Fill out an application and turn it in to Pastor Kyle (see below)
3. 30 day test drive with that team (with an evaluation afterwards)
4. Officially added to the team!